The cooking surface of the X-Pan is hard anodized aluminum. It is polished to make it less likely that food will stick to the pan, but it is not non-stick.
If you are used to frying or sautéing in a non-stick pan, you will need to use a lot more oil in an X-Pan. Start with a lower temperature than you may otherwise have used, and increase the heat setting slowly.
Was this article helpful?
Articles in this section
- What is the finish on the X-Pan? Is it non-stick?
- How to disengage the PivotLock Handle of an Alpha or Sigma Pot
- The lid of my X Pot/Kettle has cracked, what can I do?
- Can I wash my X-Pot, Alpha Pot, or Sigma Pot in the dishwasher?
- Can I use my X-Pot, Alpha Pot, or Sigma Pot over an open fire?
- Can I use my X-Pot, Alpha Pot, or Sigma Pot with an induction stove?
- Can I use my Alpha Pot or Sigma Pot on a domestic stove?
- Can I use my X Pot on a domestic stove?