Both the Watercell ST and the Watercell X are made of high-quality, EU food grade, BPA and PVC-free materials.
They have RF (radio frequency) welded seams, and include an internal baffle to maintain the rectangular cross section even when they are full of water. Perfect for stacking!
Useful functional touches include a welded-on fill handle and multiple lash points.
The differences between the two are as follows:
- the Watercell ST is made of a TPU film (which is perfectly rugged enough for backpacking use). The film is semi-translucent, so the ST has fill lines printed on the outside. The Watercell X has a 400D nylon fabric laminated to the TPU film which makes it stronger but heavier
- the Watercell ST has die-cut attachment points / grab handles on the sides. The Watercell X has TPU attachment straps that run around three sides of the product.
- the Watercell ST has a simple screw-on 63mm cap. The Watercell X has a 63mm screw-on cap which has an internal spigot; the spigot can be removed and a mini shower-head screwed in.
Which Watercell is right for you? If you are backpacking, the lighter Watercell ST may well be your choice. If you are paddling, car camping or overlanding (especially if you would like your water storage system to turn into a shower...), the Watercell X is probably the better option.
Was this article helpful?
0 out of 0 found this helpful
Articles in this section
- What is the thread size of a Watercell X or ST fill cap? Can I connect a water filter to a Watercell?
- Can I use very hot water in a Watercell (hot water bottle/showering/cleaning)? Can I freeze a Watercell (for use in a cooler?)
- What are the differences between Watercell ST and Watercell X?
- How do I clean my Watercell / Pack Tap?
Article is closed for comments.