- Slide the upper zipper slider of the side zip down towards the foot end of the sleeping bag.
2. Slide the lower zipper slider of the side zip a few inches / centimeters up towards the head end of the sleeping bag
3. Slide the zipper slider of the footbox zip along its track a few inches / centimeters:
4. Slide the lower slider of the side zip down to the end of its track
5. Slide the upper slider of the side zip down to the end of its track
6. Open the separable side zipper
7. Now slide the slider of the footbox zip all the way to the end. Separate the zipper as you would the zipper on a jacket.
The sleeping bag can now be opened flat for use as a quilt.
To return the sleeping bag to its normal configuration, repeat the above steps in reverse (begin by inserting the pin of one side of the separable footbox zipper all the way into the box of the other side; this will allow you to close the zipper)
Was this article helpful?
Articles in this section
- How do I wash my sleeping bag?
- Why is there an IDFL report with my down sleeping bag - and what do the numbers mean?
- How to open the footbox zipper of a Free Flow Zip sleeping bag (to open the bag for use as a quilt)
- What does QuiltLock mean and how does it work?
- Is the compression sack that comes with my sleeping bag waterproof?
- My sleeping bag isn't lofting as much as it used to
- Do you offer a service to add more down to a sleeping bag?
- I washed my down bag and some of the baffles seem empty or underfilled
- What do the sleeping bag ratings mean for male and female sleepers? Are they tested?
- I washed my down sleeping bag and the down is clumping, what do I do?