Out of an abundance of caution, www.seatosummit.com lists these products as not suitable for use in a microwave.
The reason for this is as follows: if you heat a liquid (such as soup) in an X-Bowl/Plate, the contents cannot get hotter than 100°C / 212°F, which is below the melting point of the nylon base. If you heat a solid item such as a baked potato, it can create a sealed contact area against the nylon base. Any trapped moisture can heat beyond the boiling point of water, which might be hot enough to damage the nylon.
X-Cups, X-Mugs and Cool-Grip Mugs do not have a nylon base, so this is not a factor with these products.
So – if you choose to put an X-Product in a microwave oven, please
- make sure that any solid food items are cut into small pieces
- turn the power setting down.
And in case of doubt – use a different container (like a Pyrex dish or ceramic mug) in the microwave instead.
Was this article helpful?
Articles in this section
- Are Delta Mugs / Delta InsulMugs stackable?
- Can I use a paper filter in the X-Brew Coffee Dripper?
- I lost/didn't receive the lid for my X Seal & Go, how can I get a replacement?
- Can I use my Delta Bowl/Plate/Mug in the microwave?
- Can I use my collapsible X-Product in the microwave?
- I lost/damaged the mesh filter for my X-Brew, how can I get a replacement?
- Can I get a lid for my Delta Bowl?