We don’t publish a specific maximum load capacity for the Racks, because the maximum load is more a function of the weight that the vehicle roof will carry. A fixed rack system is attached to rails or to the gutters at the edge of a vehicle roof, where the Pack Racks or Soft Racks spread the weight across the roof surface.
A good practical limit for the racks would be around 50lbs – the racks themselves will bear more weight than this, but the roof of your car may not support the weight without deflecting. You can check to see what the weight limit of your vehicle roof is by looking through the owner’s manual.
One note: we do not recommend the use of Pack Racks or Soft Racks with a panoramic sunroof – the weight resting on the sunroof may damage the mechanism.
Was this article helpful?
Articles in this section
- What are the packed (folded) sizes of the Kayak and Canoe Carts?
- What size Solid Wheel Retro Fit Kit do I need for my cart?
- Is there a speed or length of travel limit when using the Traveller Soft Rack/Pack Rack Inflatable Rood Rack?
- What is the weight limit for the Pack Rack Inflatable Roof Rack/Traveller Soft Rack?
- How far apart / how high should I mount my AquaSlings?
- How far apart should I mount my AquaRacks? How far will they project out from the wall?