Many of our products are capable of achieving a happy, healthy, and full life even if they are no longer functional for their intended use. Here are some options for upcycling your old gear:
Donate it! Check your local area for charities who accept damaged hard goods and fabrics.
Recycle it! We utilize the CHaRM Facility near Boulder to ensure our products are recycled in an ethical manner.
Send it back to us to tear apart for spare parts or do so yourself to repair other gear. We will be happy to take the item off your hands and use it as spare parts for other repairs that may come in.
Use it as a dog bed! We find that old SI mats make great dog beds (if applicable).
Use it as padding for a garage or basement pillar. Have small children? Pad those support beams around your house with old SI mats for added peace of mind!
Build a fort with it!
Turn it into a kite!
Cut it up into small pieces and use it as confetti at a birthday party (but be sure to pick up the pieces to Leave No Trace though).
Send us some pictures of the fun and creative ways you upcycle your old Sea To Summit gear and we will send you some stickers!
Was this article helpful?
Articles in this section
- What is your warranty policy?
- How do I start a warranty claim?
- How long does the warranty process take?
- How can I expedite my warranty claim?
- What's the fastest way to have my claim answered?
- My warranty request was answered, when will my replacement item arrive?
- How do I know if my item qualifies for warranty?
- If I have a discontinued item, can I still submit a warranty claim for it?
- If I bought my gear secondhand, can I warranty it?
- How do I warranty my item if I bought it as a Pro Purchase?