Many of our products are capable of achieving a happy, healthy, and full life even if they are no longer functional for their intended use. Here are some options for upcycling your old gear:
Donate it! Check your local area for charities who accept damaged hard goods and fabrics.
Recycle it! We utilize the CHaRM Facility near Boulder to ensure our products are recycled in an ethical manner.
Send it back to us to tear apart for spare parts or do so yourself to repair other gear! We will be happy to take the item off your hands and use it as spare parts for other repairs that may come in.
Use it as a dog bed! We find that old SI mats make great dog beds (if applicable).
Use it as padding for a garage or basement pillar! Have small children? Pad those support beams around your house with old SI mats for added peace of mind!
Build a fort with it!
Turn it into a kite!
Cut it up into small pieces and use it as confetti at a birthday party (but be sure to pick up the pieces to Leave No Trace though).
Send us some pictures of the fun and creative ways you upcycle your old Sea To Summit gear and you might get a surprise!
Was this article helpful?
Articles in this section
- How do I request a repair?
- How long does a typical repair take?
- How do I mail my repair in?
- What will my repair look like?
- If I have a discontinued item, can it still be repaired?
- If I attempt to repair my gear, does that void my warranty?
- Can my product be repaired if it is does not qualify for the warranty?
- What should I do with my product if it is unrepairable?
- If I damaged my gear beyond repair, can you help me?