Biodegradable just means that a product will break down harmlessly in the soil over time due to natural environmental action and will not damage the area around it. However, it would still be harmful to aquatic life if you were to use the soap in a stream or lake.
You still have to observe Leave No Trace principles and use the soap 200ft away from any water source. If you have more questions, definitely let us know and we'll be happy to guide you on washing with a clean conscience.
Was this article helpful?
Articles in this section
- Can I use the Sanitizing Hand Wipes on my face/body?
- What are the Wilderness Wipes made from?
- I'm allergic to certain care products, can I get a list of ingredients in your soaps?
- How much liquid soap/leaves of soap do I need to do laundry?
- It says "biodegradable" on the soap bottle, can I use the soap directly in a water source?
- My soap doesn't appear to lather much, why is that?