We always recommend "double bagging" any electronics that are to go in a dry bag.
For seriously wet conditions, or for storage of very expensive camera gear, a Pelican case, or other hard case with an ‘O’-Ring seal are the safest bet.
If you choose to use dry bags, we would recommend using one of our IPX8 rated cases inside a Lightweight or heavier dry bag.
Visit our blog post: Packing Electronics for more information.
Was this article helpful?
Articles in this section
- Do I really need to "double bag" my phone when using a dry sack/bag?
- How should I correctly close a dry bag roll-top closure?
- Hydrostatic Head - what does it mean?
- I want to place my phone/camera/laptop in a dry bag, which one is the best to use?
- Which dry bags/sacks are appropriate for external use? (i.e. not inside another bag or pack)
- The screw came loose from the buckle of my dry sack, is it possible to get a replacement?
- I have a hole in my dry sack, is this covered under warranty?