An Alpha or Sigma Pot can be used on a domestic gas or electric stove. However – the very thin gauge base of an Alpha or Sigma Pot will conduct heat far more readily than normal kitchen pots and pans. For this reason, if you use them at home, keep the heat setting lower than normal and watch carefully to ensure that the pot does not boil dry. If a pot does boil dry, the base may become warped or damage the base coating on the Sigma Pot.
Was this article helpful?
Articles in this section
- What is the finish on the X-Pan? Is it non-stick?
- How to disengage the PivotLock Handle of an Alpha or Sigma Pot
- The lid of my X Pot/Kettle has cracked, what can I do?
- Can I wash my X-Pot, Alpha Pot, or Sigma Pot in the dishwasher?
- Can I use my X-Pot, Alpha Pot, or Sigma Pot over an open fire?
- Can I use my X-Pot, Alpha Pot, or Sigma Pot with an induction stove?
- Can I use my Alpha Pot or Sigma Pot on a domestic stove?
- Can I use my X Pot on a domestic stove?