None of Sea to Summit's cookware is designed to be used over an open fire.
Flames projecting beyond the base and touching the sides of the X-Pot can damage the silicone rubber or melt the lid. The nylon handles of the X-Kettle can also melt.
The PEEK material of the Pivot Lock thumb latch and the silicone rubber handle grip of our Alpha Pot and Sigma Pot can also be damaged if used over an open fire.
Was this article helpful?
Articles in this section
- What is the finish on the X-Pan? Is it non-stick?
- How to disengage the PivotLock Handle of an Alpha or Sigma Pot
- The lid of my X Pot/Kettle has cracked, what can I do?
- Can I wash my X-Pot, Alpha Pot, or Sigma Pot in the dishwasher?
- Can I use my X-Pot, Alpha Pot, or Sigma Pot over an open fire?
- Can I use my X-Pot, Alpha Pot, or Sigma Pot with an induction stove?
- Can I use my Alpha Pot or Sigma Pot on a domestic stove?
- Can I use my X-Pot or X-Kettle on a domestic gas or electric or RV electric stove?