An X-Pot can be used on a domestic gas or electric stove, or an RV radiant stove.
However – the very thin gauge base of an X-Pot / X-Kettle will conduct heat far more readily than normal kitchen pots and pans. For this reason, if you use an X-Pot on one of the above types of stove, keep the heat setting lower than normal and watch carefully to ensure that the pot does not boil dry.
If an X-Pot does boil dry, the base will become warped and may separate from the silicone rubber.
Please bear in mind:
- grains such as rice or couscous will soak up all the available water in a pot a couple of minutes before the grains are completely cooked.
If cooking grains in an X-Pot, turn the heat off three or four minutes before the rice/couscous is ready (it will continue cooking and will remain hot even with the heat turned off)
- keep the handles of an X-Kettle in the upright position while you are cooking; this will prevent heat damage to the handles
Was this article helpful?
Articles in this section
- What is the finish on the X-Pan? Is it non-stick?
- How to disengage the PivotLock Handle of an Alpha or Sigma Pot
- The lid of my X Pot/Kettle has cracked, what can I do?
- Can I wash my X-Pot, Alpha Pot, or Sigma Pot in the dishwasher?
- Can I use my X-Pot, Alpha Pot, or Sigma Pot over an open fire?
- Can I use my X-Pot, Alpha Pot, or Sigma Pot with an induction stove?
- Can I use my Alpha Pot or Sigma Pot on a domestic stove?
- Can I use my X-Pot or X-Kettle on a domestic gas or electric or RV electric stove?