Sea to Summit's Delta and Delta Light tableware is made of EU-food grade glass-reinforced polypropylene. This is a harder material than the plastics used in some tableware, and this harder surface should be easier to clean.
However: certain (acidic) sauces, including tomato sauces or curry sauces (containing turmeric), or even coffee will stain almost any material, including the polypropylene of the Delta Tableware. This is especially true if the products are used in a microwave.
If staining of this kind should occur, it is very difficult to remove. The best method is to use a baking soda/dish soap solution:
Mix together two tablespoons baking soda, one teaspoon water, and ¼ teaspoon dish soap. Mix up the paste in the stained Delta Plate/Bowl/Mug and spread it across the stained area using the non-abrasive side of a dishwashing sponge (the abrasive side will cause micro-scratches in the surface of the polypropylene, making it more likely that stains will occur in future).
Let the solution sit for at least 15 minutes; (vigorously) wipe off with a sponge and rinse and repeat if necessary.
Was this article helpful?
Articles in this section
- Are Delta/Delta Light Products stain resistant? How do I remove stains if they occur?
- How do I (re)-install the mesh filter in my X-Brew?
- What grind of coffee should I use in the X-Brew? How do I brew the best possible coffee?
- Are Delta Mugs / Delta InsulMugs stackable?
- Can I use a paper filter in the X-Brew Coffee Dripper?
- I lost/didn't receive the lid for my X Seal & Go, how can I get a replacement?
- Can I use my Delta Bowl/Plate/Mug in the microwave?
- Can I use my collapsible X-Product in the microwave?
- I lost/damaged the mesh filter for my X-Brew, how can I get a replacement?
- Can I get a lid for my Delta Bowl?